Take the steps to avoid your air conditioner breaking down in the middle of the hot summer with an A/C tune-up. Our technicians are located locally in the St George, Utah metropolitan area. You can count on Black Diamond Heating and Air for award winning service.
Air conditioner manufacturers recommend having your A/C tuned-up each season. Some HVAC experts say up to 75% of “no cold air” calls in the summer are related to a lack of maintenance.
Just like your car needs it’s oil changed regularly, your A/C will perform it’s best with regular maintenance. However, if your A/C is not functioning like it should, or not blowing cool air, please call to book a repair service appointment instead of a tune-up.
Why is it important to get your A/C tuned-up?
There are many reasons why your air conditioner can develop problems or just stop working when you need it most. A tune-up is preventative maintenance. It is often during preventative maintenance that issues that would otherwise lead to a repair call in the middle of the hot summer, are recognized and resolved.
Living in southern Utah, we rely on our air conditioners for our health and well being. An air conditioner tune-up ensures that your cooling system is ready to handle the strain that combating high temperatures can bring. An A/C tune-up can extend the life of your air conditioner and ensure it will operate as efficiently as possible, which can result in energy savings for you.
What can you expect from a Black Diamond Experts A/C Tune-up in St George?
One of our HVAC technicians will inspect your air conditioner from top to bottom. He will check for any debris that may have fallen into the compressor while it has not been operating during the colder months. Your technician will clean the condenser unit, check and evaluate the coolant level, check electrical connections and change out your air filter and more. Here is a checklist of what you can expect from an air conditioning tune-up from Black Diamond Experts.
Our 20-Point A/C Tune-Up
- Blower Motor – measure amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Thermostat – test for proper operation, calibrate and level
- Change air filter (non-standard filters cost extra)
- Bearing – inspect for wear and lubricate
- Inspect indoor coil
- Condensate Drain – flush and treat with anti-algae
- Inspect Condenser Coil
- Refrigerant – monitor operating pressures
- Safety Devices – inspect for proper operation
- Electrical Disconnect Box – inspect for proper rating and safe installation
- Electrical Wiring – inspect and tighten connections
- Test/Inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure supply/return temperature differential
- Inspect ductwork for energy loss
- Compressor – monitor, measure amperage and volt draw and wiring connections
Air conditioning maintenance is highly encouraged before the hot Summer temperatures set in. Once the heat arrives, air conditioner technicians become in high demand and schedules fill fast. So be sure to schedule your air conditioner tune-up early. Though air conditioners tune-ups are recommended early in the season, they can be performed in the Summer as well. The important thing is to perform your air conditioners yearly maintenance.
If you are ready to schedule your air conditioner tune-up, give the HVAC experts at Black Diamond a call.