St George, Utah’s Expert Furnace Tune-up Service
Furnace manufacturers recommend yearly tune-ups. Call the HVAC professionals at Black Diamond Heating and Air to make sure your furnace is ready to keep you warm.
Remembering to maintain your furnace is essential to avoiding a broken furnace in the middle of winter. Our furnace tune-ups include an inspection, essential parts cleaned, filter replacement, safety check, and a verification of all functions working in proper order.
Black Diamond’s Signature Furnace Tune-up includes a standard filter replacement.
Why should you get your furnace tuned-up?
Having your furnace tuned-up, as recommended by furnace manufacturers, is an inexpensive way to ensure your furnace is safe and in proper working order to keep you and your family warm during the cold months, while also prolonging the life of your furnace. Neglecting routine maintenance can lead to dangerous problems going unseen.
An important part of our signature tune-up is checking for gas leaks and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a natural byproduct of the fuel burning process, and is usually contained within the furnace’s heat exchanger until it is released through the flue vent where it safely leaves your home. When components like the exchanger are old and cracked, odorless carbon monoxide can seep out posing a danger to you and your family. We also check for proper air flow. A dirty air filter can lead to your furnace having to work extra hard to draw in air. This places extra strain on your furnace, which can burn out components and will cost more on your energy bill.
In addition to performing safety checks we also clean and check the burners and pilot assembly, as well as the blower motor, to name just a few points of our signature inspection.
We also include a new standard filter replacement when you choose to have our signature service tune-up.
Furnace tune-ups are often done in early fall just before the colder weather sets in. We always encourage furnace tune-ups prior to heavy use, but they maintenance can be done at anytime throughout the year.
If you are ready to have your furnace tuned-up, call the HVAC experts at Black Diamond today.
Black Diamond’s Signature 21-Point Furnace Tune-Up
Here is what you can expect from our Signature Furnace Tune-up.
- Clean and check burners
- Clean and check pilot assembly
- Check flame sensor reading
- Check ignitor resistance
- Check and adjust gas pressure
- Check for proper temperature rise
- Change furnace filter (non-standard filter costs extra)
- Check blower motor
- Check draft fan amp draw & operation
- Inspect heat exchanger for cracks or corrosion
- Check thermostat calibration and operation
- Inspect gas connections for leaks
- Inspect for carbon monoxide
- Verify proper air flow in system
- Check for flue obstructions
- Check for proper combustion air
- Check for proper burner operation
- Check overall furnace operation
- Check all safety controls
- Inspect furnace wiring for safety and operation
- Perform a combustion analysis on system
- Check condensate and clean condensation traps (if applicable)
- Lubricate blower motor (if applicable)
- Adjust primary air burners (when necessary)
- Check high limit switch (safety)